Congratulations to Lewes lad Stanley Wood of Stan’s Snow Cones for becoming a finalist in the Street Food Europe Awards at the tender age of thirteen. The awards are hosted by Tweat Up and British Street Food and they happen to be on the same day as the Lewes OctoberFeast street food market, otherwise I’d buy a ticket myself. I hope Stan enjoys the awards and scoops a well-deserved prize for his inspiring get-up-and-go. You can find out a little bit more about Stan on G&P, Little Lewes and last weekend’s episode of C4’s Sunday Brunch.
I was sad to miss my last opportunity to see The Moo Man at Film at Firle, a documentary about a ‘maverick farmer and his unruly cows’ filmed over four years at Pevensey Levels, not far from my home town. The Moo Man by Andy Heathcote and Heike Bachelier has been made an official selection at several major international film festivals including this year’s Sundance. It’s next showing at All Saints in Lewes on 29th October, courtesy of Lewes Film Club, where the Moo Man himself Steve Hook and his family will be on hand afterwards for a Q&A. It’s in my diary!
Also this week:
I bought Planet Carnivore by Alex Renton
I watched poet Hollie McNish
I found this handy seasonal food chart
I was shocked that Selfridges provided a free lunch to EDL leader Tommy Robinson
I wondered whether Nick Clegg’s free school meals would help much…
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
About Chloe King
I'm a freelance writer, designer and webby type. I live with my husband and daughter in the south of England. I like to cook and can throw a good party.
You May Also Like